I am getting a 500 error when installing

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

nylonfreaks

I am getting a 500 error when installing

Post by nylonfreaks »

Hi there, I have used the checkos.php to download the correct file for the server (kudos for that, by the way, there are many scripts that should use something similar) and have followed the instructions to the letter for installation (my te directory in the cgi-bin is CHMOD 755 and the install file was uploaded in binary), however when I go to open install.cgi in my browser I get the following error :
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Any ideas why this would happen?

Secondly... while I'm here... :D

We need to have a toplist of banners on the site too. Can this be done with your script? I assumed yes, as there's a section for stripping/adding images, but if not, I'd prefer to find out now, as I need this feature so it'll save me the install. It would be unfortunate though, as up to now, it looks like a good script. :)