No JS traffic

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

No JS traffic

Post by bbhrucy79 »

1st of all I hope that te3 is still supported. I dont see a lot of activity here these days.

Are you still standing behind te3, considering new features, developing it, etc?

So its very nice that te3 can detect NO-JS traffic (non javascript). These are either real surfers with javascript disabled (unlikely) or bots (very likely).

As we all know, we make money from ads.

But unfortunately ad companies do not pay very well for hitbots. (what a shame :-) )

Therefore it would be awesome to step forward another step in this good direction and not only be able to detect
non-human/hitbot/bot (worthless) traffic but to actually do something about it.

Right now te3 treats hitbots the same way as "real" human traffic. Needless to say that this is far from good.

I see the same pattern time after time:

A trade sending crazy amounts of clicks, hits...but before I say to myself wow its a very good trade, I look at the non-js column.....uhumm....as expected, I see high % of non-js traffic, sometimes extreme numbers like 30%.

But te3 treats these trades as top top trades with very high value of course - because it does not diferenciate bw non-human and human traffic (correct me please if I am wrong).

Result: ecpm at ad companies goes down (because lots of bots in traffic).

(Damn these ad companies actually have an incoming tracker that can detect hitbots very well)

And: te3 does less and less trade with trades that actually have human traffic but are smaller in size because they are not bloated up by robot traffic.

It would be very cool to actually disregard non-javascript hits, that is, to not give any credit for them.

Like:

24 hours clicks: 850 , from this, 230 clicks is non-js. So, 850-230 = 620

give credit only for 620 clicks

totally give no credit for non javascript clicks and hits

;) ;) ;)
Rock

Re: No JS traffic

Post by Rock »

Hello, bbhrucy79.

As always, we're fully committed to further improving our script :).

Your topic should really be posted under the Feature Requests thread... Nonetheless, it is a valuable suggestion. Give us some time - we have to discuss if and how this could be implemented, but we'll try to come up with something.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

Fantastic!

I hope at least I can contribute to this great trade script with suggestions, ideas :-)

;)
Rock

Post by Rock »

Thanks for your ideas. Some are difficult to build into an existing script, but we've added quite a few. :)
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602