Nightmare Updating

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

tradelinks

Nightmare Updating

Post by tradelinks »

I updated about 70 sites on one server to latest version of TradeExpert using PHP 5.6.40.

Then I asked host to update to PHP 7.2, thinking TE would still work.

Fatal error: The file /home/user/domain.com/go/in.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.5 and cannot run under PHP 7.1 or later. Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 7.1. in Unknown on line 0

That error on every site, that's all people see!

Impossible to run PHP 7.2 install.php as no matter what directories you give 777 permission it complains about not having sufficient permission.

So looks like I will have to download TE backup for each domain, delete install directory via ssh, then reinstall TE, then upload and restore backup for every domain.
tradelinks

Re: Nightmare Updating

Post by tradelinks »

Installation info
Write permissions Failed, please fix write permission problems, before you proceed with the installation.
Domain name domain.com
PHP version 7.2.24
ionCube loader version 10.3
Safe mode Yes
Allow URL fopen Yes
tradelinks

Post by tradelinks »

My host found solution by recursively changing owner to www - then it was possible to update tradeexpert to 7.2 using install.php

If anyone else experience this problem now you know the fix :)
seomanager

Post by seomanager »

could you show error.log
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Hello,

php 5.6 < 7 are compatible not php 7+, so if you upgrade PHP to 7+ you need to download the new installer for it and run the update because of IonCube loader. If the www user is different then the FTP or SSH, you need to chmod all folders under TE3 to 777 (recursive) and all files to 666 then the permission problems will be fixed, you can chmod it back after the update.

Best regards,
Alex