Transition problem between PHP 5 and PHP 7

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

oliverfr

Transition problem between PHP 5 and PHP 7

Post by oliverfr »

Hello,

Transitioning a website from a server with only PHP 5, to a server with only PHP 7 (7.3, more accurately), I've had a problem, TE3 refuses to work, with the error message that it's only compatible with php5.
And now, the transition is done, there's no going back to the old server.

Which leads me to asking: please, is there an "official" method to upgrade TE3, from its PHP5 version, to its PHP7 version, while preserving its data?

I could certainly delete everything in the /te3/ subdirectory, download in there the 7.2 installer (forum threads say it also works with 7.3) and reinstall it...
But that would also make me lose the entire list of the trades and the statistics of trades history, which would be a full disaster.

So, please, how may I do it?

Are there particular files I may keep in place, while I may remove the rest, something like that?

If you can answer to help, I will be forever grateful, you'll have done me a great service, thank you!!
texpert
Site Admin

Re: Transition problem between PHP 5 and PHP 7

Post by texpert »

Hello,

just download install.php for PHP 7.2 and run it, you won't lose anything.

Best regards,
Alex
oliverfr

Post by oliverfr »

Oh, phiew, it's a relief. Thank you then :)
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

No problem, let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Alex
oliverfr

Post by oliverfr »

And a final update, written in case somebody else faces the same issue and is curious: it worked.

Plainly, out of the box, worked. Opening the /te3/install.php file in my browser led to a page asking for my tradeexpert.net login:password, which led to a page asking for my local install password (thank heavens, my browser remembered that), and next, all was working.

Thanks for the good job, allowing a complex script to run on such a simple basis for the end user :)