Make a new purl= that skims out raws

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

arock

Make a new purl= that skims out raws

Post by arock »

I am requesting a feature that works nearly exactly like purl=.
The difference would be instead of counting the out hit to the domain as normal, it would check to see if its already sent the visitor to the target domain (based on ip or whatever). This could be a previous hit sent via skim or purl. If the visitor has not been to that domain, it works as normal purl, counting the outgoing hit to the target domain.

The change comes if the visitor has already visited the domain or came from the domain. Normal skim trades work this way, only sending the visitor to the target domain once. But with purl you have the chance of having a visitor click an outgoing link and going back to a site its already seen. So I would like the new link type to actually skim the visitor out if its already been to that domain.

The reason for this is a lot of plug trading sites trade on uniques only, so for every duplicate raw I send them, I am basically sending them a free visitor which does me no good. I'd rather skim them out to a different site and get credit for them, even if its not exactly what the visitor wants (tough shit).

Any other questions let me know.