Functionality

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

peterjones

Functionality

Post by peterjones »

What I find missing in TE (& other scripts) is basic & simple drill down type facility for looking at traffic. Maybe I'm not spotting functionality that is already present and right in front of me, but I just want to be able to see where particular traffic is coming from that is not from trades. For instance, traffic is presented as 60 min & 24 hour. But what about easily going back to the previous 24 hour - or previous to that. It's possible to pull up all sorts of charts, but they never really seem related to anything that I can work out. If theses traffic of a certain hour in the 24 hour detail chart - I don't seem to be able to click on that particular number and bring up relevant info.

For me - there's something about the design of these trading script gui's that just doesn't compute. They all seem fairly similar to each other - so presume that all subsequent generations (though likely improvements) are really a copy/derivation of an original gui design/idea/layout. But as I say, and I realise it might be humorous, I just don't get this software - in general (not just this brand). It's like the gui just doesn't have obvious meaning - for me - at present. I can't think of any other script of program where I've experienced quite the same thing.

Some youtube type tutorial videos would be useful - in terms of going through functionality, how to use - what one is looking for, etc...
texpert
Site Admin

Re: Functionality

Post by texpert »

Hi there,:
What I find missing in TE (& other scripts) is basic & simple drill down type facility for looking at traffic. Maybe I'm not spotting functionality that is already present and right in front of me, but I just want to be able to see where particular traffic is coming from that is not from trades.
Go to "stats / overview" menu, scroll down to system trades and click multi task icon for "unknown" (referrers) system trade. Select "referrer log" from the drop down menu and you'll see traffic that is being referrered to your site ,but it is not from trades.

Regarding your other ideas, we could perhaps integrate some of them. But i need more details, perhaps we could chat live on ICQ so i can see what exactly you're missing and how you would change it to the better etc. So feel free to contact me when u have some time

best regards,
Jim
peterjones

Re: Functionality

Post by peterjones »

Re: Analytics - it's visitor behavior - in terms of some sort of representation of the flow of it - that is most useful (e.g. one screen, showing where a visitors come from, how long do they stay, what do they do while they're onsite (and the order of what they do). The only package I've seen which attempts to represent this is hitslink.com. Though I realise now this script isn't primarily meant as an analytics package - but as a traffic trading package. It could be that I've been imagining the script should do more than it is actually designed/intended for.

Re: Drill-down - what I meant by this, is being able to click on a number directly - and bring up the detail that underlies it. That's slightly different from clicking another menu and then looking to locate information in another screen that relates to the original number - but also has info on other numbers as well. So for instance, at present, one can click on Statistics > Overview > SE > Last referrer - but from that - one wouldn't know which referrers relate to visitors that have clicked to a gallery and referrers for visitors who haven't clicked. In contrast, this info would be visible if the number under the column Clk TG where clickable. I don't mean this particular lookup up is the most important, I just mean multilevel drill down as an overall design principle/functionality - so that the actual use of the script has more of the feel of navigating a directory structure.