autostop/autoenable trades based on conditions

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

autostop/autoenable trades based on conditions

Post by bbhrucy79 »

It would be important to add this feature since other trade scripts been using it for years.

To auto disable-enable trades based on conditions. Should also auto remove-include from toplists.

Like, if trade has not sent you any hits for X days, then disable it and remove from toplists.
If this trade sends you again X hits in 24 hours time frame, then re-activate it and re-include in toplists.

I know the algo would not send traff to "dead" trades but you might still send lots of out traff to dead trades if they are on your
toplist somewhere.
Rock

Re: autostop/autoenable trades based on conditions

Post by Rock »

Hi bbhrucy,

TE3 already has an autostop/autoenable feature - "Capping" module allows you to set up to 6 capping types (conditions) for each individual trade. When capping conditions are set for one individual trade, the trade gets immediately suspended, if at least one capping condition is fulfilled. A suspended trade is removed from the outgoing list and also excluded from toplists, and therefore won't get any traffic. If the trade is suspended, background color of the table cell for its successive number is yellow colored.

The trade remains suspended while at least one capping condition is fulfilled. When capping conditions are no longer fulfilled, the trade automatically gets unsuspended - it gets placed on the outgoing list and re-included in toplists.

However, capping is an advance feature and can have a huge impact on the outgoing traffic distribution. If it is not set properly, traffic on your site could decrease. Before you start using it, read more in our user manual: http://wiki.tradeexpert.net/doku.php?id=te3:capping

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
bbhrucy79

Re: autostop/autoenable trades based on conditions

Post by bbhrucy79 »

I realize its my typo that caused misunderstanding here, sorry, so what I mean is:

Capping is not the same as the feature request I am talking about. Capping does not take time span into consideration, like last 7 days, last 14 days, etc, it takes only last 24 hrs into consideration.

If you could set a time frame selected by you in days, then it would cut it. So you could just modify the capping module a bit.