Thumb grabber

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

S_Flash

Thumb grabber

Post by S_Flash »

Thumb grabber works shitty! I say with confidence, since I have no small experience in working with other trade scripts.

Some thumbs not grabbed at all, but some interface grabbed good. Ok interface possible to exclude with stop words.. But this case annoying.
Grabber works in one thread..

The question remains, why aren't downloaded thumbs from some sites, although there is nothing unusual in HTML code of these sites. I checked the HTML source code of that sites and did not see any abnormal layouts. Exept maybe .JPG uppercase thumbs extensions..

It possible to improve it?
Rock

Re: Thumb grabber

Post by Rock »

Hello, S_Flash.

This feature should work properly. Can you PM your TE login details and also add URLs for a few websites, where Thumb grabber didn't perform as expected, so we can test it under the same conditions as you have.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
S_Flash

Post by S_Flash »

Sent
Rock

Post by Rock »

Just to keep you posted:

Thumb grabber works perfectly for 99% of webmasters as it is. It turned out that there is a small chance it might not download thumbs from every trader's website in certain specific setups. We contacted S_Flash via the ICQ and are fixing the problem.

We will include the fix in our next update.

Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
S_Flash

Post by S_Flash »

Now all ok!
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

its possible that there's something not set up properly on your server. I would look into mod_fcgid. And basically look for error logs. It happened with me before (thumbs not grabbing) and it turned out to be exhausted system resources/shit network quality.