force based on total out % instead of hits

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

force based on total out % instead of hits

Post by bbhrucy79 »

It would be really great to have this feature where you can feed in (force traffic to) one selected new trade. but not setting x amount of hits for x hours. Instead, specifying a % of your total out traffic for that trade, like:

10% out for 36 hours

The advantage of this is as follows: Its impossible to endanger the economy of your site in such a way. Because that 10% might be any amount, but the rest 90% will be used by algo logic to maintain existing trades.

Say, you set 20 hits for 36 hours for new trade, your site is flying high.
Say, that at that moment the 20 hits is 10% of your total out.
Then, lets say a couple of hours later you have server problem. Or traffic plummets.
However, you are still forcing 20 hits to that trade.
Unfortunately, that 20 hits is no longer only 10% of your out traffic. It might be bad like 40%...or whatever. Which means that now you are taking out power from the hands of the algo. Basically laying a waste on the economy of your site.
But you get my point.
You can crush your economy with anything but a pretty small force (number of out hits)...

I like to use the simile, forcing is like tax. Algo logic is like free market. You get my point where it leads if you have very high tax and little free market.

So It would be really good to have that feature. Thanks :-)
texpert
Site Admin

Re: force based on total out % instead of hits

Post by texpert »

We're actually already considering forces by % for a long time. Expect them to be implemented in the next updates :-)
But thanks for pointing it out, it gives us the motivation to complete it ASAP!

best regards,
Jim
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

Apologies, I see that you can actually sell to broker, at adding trades by %. :-) grat, this escaped my attention.

This is really great - thank you guys. hope to see force by % feature as well in future releases?

Thumbs up!
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

texpert wrote:We're actually already considering forces by % for a long time. Expect them to be implemented in the next updates :-)
But thanks for pointing it out, it gives us the motivation to complete it ASAP!

best regards,
Jim
hmm been more than a year...still not implemented...I would like to see this feature so much. I am wishing. :?
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Hey Brucy, please give us some more time, we have it on the todo list, but we need to finish some of the features on the list that we're already working on. But definetely, force % will be implemented.