500 Internal Server Error - Not understanding why

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

davievegas

500 Internal Server Error - Not understanding why

Post by davievegas »

Ok well, i tried to update my site from v1 to v2 after i paid for it then all these problems started happening. I use phatservers which they are lost on what the problem is. Any code at all that uses o.cgi when my thumbs are clicked or links are going to a internal server error and my server guys nor myself can fix this and my site will die if i cant get this resolved. The links are anything with o.cgi like http://www.nudity911.com/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=37&t= for example. HELP ASAP Please. No ones online
davievegas

Re: 500 Internal Server Error - Not understanding why

Post by davievegas »

My server guys also said this:

There is some type of issue with some of the datafiles, it's just not
possible for me to determine what because the script is compiled and has
no debugging information. I've tried old backups and new backups, at
this point I am out of options, I think the only person who can fix it
is the developer unfortunately. Sorry this has gone so horribly wrong, I
followed the directions correctly but there's got to be something with
this older version. I also do not understand why I can't get it to work
with a backup copy, or with copies of the data and fresh binaries, it
just doesn't make sense.

So now im stuck with all my site(nudity911.com) thumbs and links not working and internal server erroring and no way of fixing it.
texpert
Site Admin

Re: 500 Internal Server Error - Not understanding why

Post by texpert »

When you execute "rinstall" it always asks you, if you want to create a backup. If you press "Y" it copies whole cgi-bin/te/ directory into cgi-bin/te.backup/
If anything goes wrong, you simply have to remove corrupted "te" directory and move "te.backup" directory into "te" directory again. It is that simple.

I saw your messages on ICQ as soon as i woke up and i've sent u a reply there as well, but it seems like you're sleeping now. Unfortunately you didn't leave me any SSH details, otherwise we would review your issue as the first thing in the morning.

regards,
Jim