Autobot Hitting my te3/out.php

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

TA2

Autobot Hitting my te3/out.php

Post by TA2 »

Hello.

I could use help if possible please. I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of this entity trying to send bogus raws and uniques to my trades. I have blocked the IPs in the te3 program itself and from my main index htaccess file. Yet he still uses this url in some sort of bot to send clicks out. This is one url example: http://www.site.com/te3/out.php?l=vid_f ... on-hitachi ... the l=vid_fea is only on the http://www.site.com index page. So he must be clicking the video thumbs causing skim hits to go to my trades. I have removed the line but he still uses it. I just added s=100 into the link so they will not skim anymore but it doesn't matter since he still uses the other link which still works of course.

I have narrowed down the IPs that are being used:

I have added these to the TE3 IP Blocklist as shown above. From what I understand from this manual page, http://wiki.tradeexpert.net/doku.php?id ... block_list , it says all of the last part of the IP block should end in a . to block the entire block. Or, is it possible to use something like this also? .. 69.61.12.0/24 I also have the domains and their IP's in my blacklist area. But I can't manually add all the other IP's as shown above in that part.

I have added a deny from 69.61.12.0/24 etc .. in my root .htaccess file and it still is auto-botting me. I have contacted my host about this as well to see if they can do anything. It is really ruining what little legitimate traffic trades I have left.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
Rock

Re: Autobot Hitting my te3/out.php

Post by Rock »

Hello,

please send me te3 login details on PM, or contact me on ICQ 651089602 so i can check it out.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
Rock

Post by Rock »

Hello again,

we did find a minor problem and are already fixing it. Please do not close my access to your TE admin panel yet, so I can check our fix when we're finished.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
TA2

Post by TA2 »

I have updated to 3.281. Regarding the change-log for htaccess update .. http://wiki.tradeexpert.net/doku.php?id=te3:changelog

Still not sure yet if it has fixed the problem. I will let you know if I see change.

Thank you.
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Hello, does IP blocking work now for you?

best regards,
Alex
TA2

Post by TA2 »

Yes. Thank you very much for this update. Everything is back to normal now.

However, where it asks to use a 404 page or a 403 page, I am able to only select the 403 option. And after checking my google stats I only see one hit to my /403/index.php page. When there should be as many as 1200+ from the IP's being blocked. I may have missed something in the other htaccess file to allow those IP's to see the 403. Not sure. Not that it matters much really since the blocking is working.

Thanks.
TA2

Post by TA2 »

I am noticing that the Link Summary total report is still recording the link l=vid_fea from the said blocked IP's. Recording the prod as well. If they are blocked then it should not record that, right?

Link detailed > Link report > IP statistics for 'vid_fea'
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Hello, i wish you a happy new year! Can you PM me TE3 login details so i can check it out ?

Best regards,
Alex