Auto IP blocking by country

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

Auto IP blocking by country

Post by bbhrucy79 »

So the auto IP blocking feature is great, actually it is indispensable.

But you could upgrade lie this:

optionally, autoblock country whitelist. (these countries are exempt from the auto blocking rule)

Say, I dont want to block German traffic even if it meets the autoblocking rules...

Please do this :-)
Rock

Re: Auto IP blocking by country

Post by Rock »

Hi, bbhrucy79.

We need to understand this feature request a little more clearly. Can u give me more details - when and why would you IP block a country? When and why would you exempt a certain country from your auto blocking rule.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

hi.

Okay, so we all hate proxy traffic of course because its not unique and so it has no value from an advertising space point of view talking about different ad methods, like popunders, etc.

However, say, you are selling a percentage of your traffic to a broker, in this case proxy is actually good because its raw traffic, for which brokers pay well. Yet, to have the "golden middle road" it would be good if you could set a country whitelist that would be exempt from the autoblocking regardless. Say, I do not want to block german proxy traff because it happens to be valuable as sold to broker.

The current autoblock feature blocks traffic from all countries.
Rock

Post by Rock »

Hi again.

First of all, thank you for your request. If I understand you correctly, you are not using the default TE3 outgoing setting for proxy traffic (Handle like normal traffic), but are sending all of it to your content? And would like a method of filtering out proxy traffic from certain countries, so you can sell it?

Why not handle all proxy traffic like normal traffic? Most of it comes from legit sources, like AOL. If this wasn't the case, brokers wouldn't be buying it.

We agree that the feature would give even more functionality to TE3, however it would require rewriting several modules. We'll keep it in mind for future versions but right now we can't place it on our priority list.

Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602