better capping module

Let us know what features and improvements would you like to see in the next version of Trade Expert. We will closely review every feature request we get.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

better capping module

Post by bbhrucy79 »

well on a different upgrade idea then, simple:

Capping, now it only considers last 24 hrs which is inadequate. Should be able to set time frame, say, until last 7 days.

Also, the ability to show capped trades in toplists regardless they are capped. Its exactly why whyt you said yourself: if they are not showed in the toplist so they dont get now and then some toplist traffic they die.

-------------------------------------------------
capped trades will:

not get skimmed traffic [checkbox]
not get toplist traffic [checkbox]
-------------------------------------------------

Now, capping now removes them from outlist (skimmed traff by algo) as well as toplist, so capped trades basically have a great chance to die.

Even if the capping policy is minimal, say, I want 1 clk tg in last 24 hrs so they break out from cap, if not even one click they are capped.

Right now what I see is this: if a trade does not get (quality) toplist traffic, even if a little bit, it surely dies.

The explanation is simple: skimmed traffic quality is s.it, its very worthless typically when it lands on trade site.... by the way it would be useful if te3 would count and display skimmed out traffic VS toplist out traffic to a trade separately. Then you would see the difference.

So my tactics is this: I want to display all my trades in toplists on my niche grouped index page (I also use niche groupings so that my skimmed traff will be hopefully better quality as well).

Now the only question then how to sort the toplist, and by far the best so far is: 24 hrs clk tg.

I tried to sort 24 hours value, but it was a failure, 24 hrs clk tg is way better.

I see it like this:

clk tg = sales
value = cost of sales

its pretty easy to see whats more important, sales, or cost of sales...what you think? I say, sales is like 80% , cost of sales is like 20% ..... I used to work at a huge company and this is how we got our bonuses, with this weighting ...

:-)
Let me know if you guys will implement that capping improvement, its a small task I think but it would make it way more functional :-)
Rock

Re: better capping module

Post by Rock »

Hello, bbhrucy79.

Do I understand you correctly - you don't want to send (lower quality) traffic to trades that don't deserve it. But you want to send them (better quality) traffic anyway? Capping module was designed to be used in certain very specific scenarios. The general idea is that if trades meet capping rules, they stop getting traffic altogether. Including them in toplists would partially defeat the purpose...

Maybe you could you explain more about how/when/why you use capping?

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

I reconsidered that, its probably defeats the whole purpose of capping as you say. Okay. However I do want to use capping or lets call it trading policies.

Right now you can only cap in last 24 hrs timeframe, can you guys make it last 2,3,4...7 days as well? Just like you have @ toplist sorting possibility: last 7 days history stats. THANKS
Rock

Post by Rock »

Give us a couple of days - we'll think about what can be done in that regard.

Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602