Can't add trades and clicks to 404

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

hornyjoe

Can't add trades and clicks to 404

Post by hornyjoe »

I have installed the new version on my server where I already have 3 TE copies installed - that is working. Istall went fine, but when I want to add a trade I just get "Error occured". Also, when I click a thumb I get sent to 404. I have checked permission and compared to the other installs and it seems to be correct. Any idea what might be the issue?
WillWank

Re: Can't add trades and clicks to 404

Post by WillWank »

hornyjoe wrote:I have installed the new version on my server where I already have 3 TE copies installed - that is working. Istall went fine, but when I want to add a trade I just get "Error occured". Also, when I click a thumb I get sent to 404. I have checked permission and compared to the other installs and it seems to be correct. Any idea what might be the issue?
Did you try http://www.tradeexpert.net/install/checkos.zip and run the correct install.cgi for your box?
hornyjoe

Post by hornyjoe »

WillWank wrote:
hornyjoe wrote:I have installed the new version on my server where I already have 3 TE copies installed - that is working. Istall went fine, but when I want to add a trade I just get "Error occured". Also, when I click a thumb I get sent to 404. I have checked permission and compared to the other installs and it seems to be correct. Any idea what might be the issue?
Did you try http://www.tradeexpert.net/install/checkos.zip and run the correct install.cgi for your box?
No I did not use that, but I installed the same version that I have on another install on the same box... I did now and I have used the correct install pack, FreeBSD7 64-bit..
lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I have the same "Error occured" issue with adding trades, but thumb clicks appear to be working properly on my two installs.

I was in the midst of converting 5 sites to TE, the other three are on hold now until I can mass add the existing trades.
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Hi, in build 2.210 we've added an additional permission check function to prevent potential database corruption during the upgrade and on some servers it prevented adding new trades from admin interface. If this happens, simply click on the "Update manager" and upgrade to build 2.211

regards,
Jim
hornyjoe

Post by hornyjoe »

Great! Adding trades are working now, but thumbclicks still go to 404. I guess that is some of my own settings, so I have to investigate that further.. THanks :)
hornyjoe

Post by hornyjoe »

In case any other get in the same problem: the clicks to 404 was because I use the "Rewrite url" option in Smart Thumbs and forgot to edit htaccess :)

All good now!