TE2.2: Why did you remove Template Editor button?? *CRY*

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

shaman

TE2.2: Why did you remove Template Editor button?? *CRY*

Post by shaman »

Guyz, I do like to color my TE!!
Here is my 2.1TE page
Here is 2.2TE page
Why did you remove Template Editor button?? *Cry*
Could you please add it back??
:evil:
texpert
Site Admin

Re: TE2.2: Why did you remove Template Editor button?? *CRY*

Post by texpert »

Nice graphic presentation of the problem by the way :D

Well... we already had a chat on ICQ, so you already know what's the matter, but i will replay for the sake of other members on this board.
In the latest version we've added two new interface features.

Interface wizard editor: All existing and new interfaces (for overview, pages, network and webmaster stats) can now be edited at anytime in the future. Missing a column? Simply click on the edit link located in the statistics pages and select/deselect additional columns, click save and refresh statistics page. That's it.

Interface sync: Usually you would like to create new or customize existing interface(s) using interface wizard on just one site in your network and then sync those interface(s) with your other sites. You can do that now!

Those are two new great features. The issue is that changes made in the template editor cannot be stored into the interface wizard structure, because this is just impossible.
You can't back-parse and interpret customized HTML code. So basically, while you're editing interface with wizard, everything is fine, but if u edit it with text editor, then changes are not stored into the wizard structure, because they simply can't be. We've seen users that got a bit confused about that, so we decided to temporary comment out the text (template) editor, so we can see who will miss the text editor anyway.

We try to keep things as simple as possible for the end user, because this was one of the main complaints about previous versions of TE, that it is too complicated for an average Joe.

regards,
Jim