Installation & Configuration Question

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

grp1market

Installation & Configuration Question

Post by grp1market »

Hi, I've installed the te 2.x version on two sites for testing of the incoming and the outgoing. I've setup a trade for each site on the opposite site and included the PHP include file on the main index.php file. For testing purposes I created a test.html file with the outgoing link I created for a group "trade" in the format : /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?g=trade . The link redirects correctly to the trade associated with the group, but on the other side it doesn't recognize the incoming click and also sometimes it gets redirected to google for some reason. I also wanted to know if this script can be installed on an IIS server instead of an apache linux based server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
texpert
Site Admin

Re: Installation & Configuration Question

Post by texpert »

1. Not recognizing incoming traffic:

I assume u've created a .html file and this is where you track your incoming traffic using SSI method? Usually SSI parsing is disabled for .html extention. View source through your browser and check if SSI tracking tag got parsed at all. Instead of SSI tracking tag you should see javascript cookie displayed instead. Create test.html and test.shtml and compare them. View source through the browser for both.

2. Redirecting to google.

Google is the default exout URL set in the options / general / main menu. Unless i take a look inside your admin i cannot tell what is causing it, but some of the most common reasons.
All your trades are marked with blue color inside admin interface (NEW trades) and they don't get any traffic in return before they reach start raws and start clicks. You've created a group but there are no trades inside that group. You've set capping and there are no trade candidates left? Think about it and if this is not it, then send me a PM with TE login info.

3. IIS: Although we didn't test it, I don't think so , sorry about that.

regards,
Jim