remote JS In-Counter working differently?

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

svobada

remote JS In-Counter working differently?

Post by svobada »

Because of conflicts with my CMS I tried using the javascript remote tracking snipped instead of normal php or ssi and it works perfectly but some trades show a very bad prod, so bad that it can't be coincidence. Is this somehow possible? Can I track my traffic with some other method?

This is from the CMS guys:
We use the PHP function eval(); in ExpressionEngine to evaluate PHP in templates. I am testing in PHP 5.1.2 and using virtual causes a complete ceasing of parsing in ExpressionEngine. It is very possible that the PHP developers will not allow its usage in eval() without special coding.
Just to explain my problem better, it doesn't work putting the in-script in my CMS templates, so I had it in my index.php directly before. This caused my CMS not to be able to produce valid 404 pages (404 headers) so I searched for another solution for the IN code.
svobada

Re: remote JS In-Counter working differently?

Post by svobada »

Ok, now I'm sure that something is not tracked correct, I just visited my own site clicking it on the toplist of sites which suddently have a bad prod and I can see my hit coming in but further clicking doesn't seem to be tracked :-(
texpert
Site Admin

Re: remote JS In-Counter working differently?

Post by texpert »

svobada wrote:Ok, now I'm sure that something is not tracked correct, I just visited my own site clicking it on the toplist of sites which suddently have a bad prod and I can see my hit coming in but further clicking doesn't seem to be tracked :-(
Hi mate, enable cookies and retry. See if you get an incoming "texpert" cookie at all. If you don't get it, then something isn't set right. Let me know.