my site is skimming 100%?

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

robertgarcia

my site is skimming 100%?

Post by robertgarcia »

I dont know how to reduce the percentage of the skimming of my toplist, everytime I click a thumb of my tgp, it goes to the top sites. Please help.
btw im using smart-script and put the "Thumb trade script urls: /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=#skim#&u=#url#"
WillWank

Re: my site is skimming 100%?

Post by WillWank »

robertgarcia wrote:I dont know how to reduce the percentage of the skimming of my toplist, everytime I click a thumb of my tgp, it goes to the top sites. Please help.
btw im using smart-script and put the "Thumb trade script urls: /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=#skim#&u=#url#"
You can omitt the s=#skim# entirely and use all internal skimmimg in TE or you can specify a value directly. Like /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=70&u=#url# Alternatively you can use group skimming inside TE. Can you show us how your template string looks like?

Probably doesnt apply but also note:
From the manual.
"IMPORTANT: If you are using Trade Expert in combination with Smart Thumbs and you would like to use "external skim", you should use dots instead of commas in the skim pattern, because commas don't work properly with Smart Thumbs. For "internal" or "group" skim pattern it doesn't matter whether you use commas or dots"

Hope this helps :)
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

As willwank told you. I'm not sure if you have used a skim pattern or not, but you probably have ( for example 100,60 )? The problem is most probably in the commas. Read below:

from the manual, "outgoing" topic:

IMPORTANT: If you are using Trade Expert in combination with Smart Thumbs and you would like to use "external skim", you should use dots instead of commas in the skim pattern, because commas don't work properly with Smart Thumbs. For "internal" or "group" skim pattern it doesn't matter whether you use commas or dots.
robertgarcia

Post by robertgarcia »

WillWank wrote:
robertgarcia wrote:I dont know how to reduce the percentage of the skimming of my toplist, everytime I click a thumb of my tgp, it goes to the top sites. Please help.
You can omitt the s=#skim# entirely and use all internal skimmimg in TE or you can specify a value directly. Like /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=70&u=#url# Alternatively you can use group skimming inside TE. Can you show us how your template string looks like?

From the manual.
"IMPORTANT: If you are using Trade Expert in combination with Smart Thumbs and you would like to use "external skim", you should use dots instead of commas in the skim pattern, because commas don't work properly with Smart Thumbs. For "internal" or "group" skim pattern it doesn't matter whether you use commas or dots"

My Template
<strong>TOP 20 Sites</strong>:
<br>
<br>
<table width="800">
<tr>
<td>1. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:1##>##name:1##</a></td>
<td>2. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:2##>##name:2##</a></td>
<td>3. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:3##>##name:3##</a></td>
<td>4. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:4##>##name:4##</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>5. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:5##>##name:5##</a></td>
<td>6. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:6##>##name:6##</a></td>
<td>7. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:7##>##name:7##</a></td>
<td>8. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:8##>##name:8##</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>9. <a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:9##>##name:9##</a></td>
<td>10.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:10##>##name:10##</a></td>
<td>11.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:11##>##name:11##</a></td>
<td>12.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:12##>##name:12##</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>13.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:13##>##name:13##</a></td>
<td>14.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:14##>##name:14##</a></td>
<td>15.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:15##>##name:15##</a></td>
<td>16.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:16##>##name:16##</a></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>17.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:17##>##name:17##</a></td>
<td>18.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:18##>##name:18##</a></td>
<td>19.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:19##>##name:19##</a></td>
<td>20.<a href=/cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?id=##id:20##>##name:20##</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br>
<br>

smart script text galleries
url: /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=30&u=#url#" <--- still works as 100%skimming.
if I remove this and put only "#url#" the skimming goes to smart-script
are you saying that I change click settings instead of comma I change it to dot?
WillWank

Post by WillWank »

robertgarcia wrote:
WillWank wrote:

From the manual.

are you saying that I change click settings instead of comma I change it to dot?
Except fo the orphan " your string is correct as far as TE and ST goes. Are your paths correct? Have you checked ST settings to make sure there arn't other things preventing a click to get passed on to TE. Also make sure TE internal skim levels are not set.
robertgarcia

Post by robertgarcia »

From the manual.

Hope this helps :)[/quote]

are you saying that I change click settings instead of comma I change it to dot?[/quote]

Except fo the orphan " your string is correct as far as TE and ST goes. Are your paths correct? Have you checked ST settings to make sure there arn't other things preventing a click to get passed on to TE. Also make sure TE internal skim levels are not set.[/quote]

1. paths are correct.
2. ST setting are ok, and updated to new st software because what ive seen from news google banned st/*.php from keywords. Last Jun 25, 2009 St updated their script.
3. I dont understand "skim levels are not set" whenever I add trade site, I saw the skim and leave it blank... is that what your saying skim levels?

Please enlighten me, Thank you.
texpert
Site Admin

Post by texpert »

Robert, send me a private msg with domain and TE login info. I need to see what u've set. And please prepare a test URL: yoursite.com/test.html
and add a clickable outgoing link: /cgi-bin/te/o.cgi?s=30&u=http://www.google.com/