redirect all traffic from trader

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

cr33p

redirect all traffic from trader

Post by cr33p »

have some traders who send bot traffic, already deleted them but traffic is still going, how can i redirect all that traffic by domains to google for example ?
please help!
Rock

Re: redirect all traffic from trader

Post by Rock »

Hello, cr33p.

The best way to block unwanted bot traffic from accessing your site at all is to block them in your .htaccess file.

Regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
cr33p

Post by cr33p »

can u please post some .htaccess example code with 3 sites where bot traffic come from
for ex. site1.com, site2.com, site3.com
thx in advance
Rock

Post by Rock »

If you want to redirect specific referring domains via your .htaccess file, you will have to search for an appropriate solution online. Just to remind you - blocking / redirecting all traffic from certain trades will also include any legit traffic coming from those sources.

There is an alternative method, that might do the job: only block IPs you consider suspicious by adding them to TE3's "IP block list". Traffic coming from IPs listed on the "IP block list" is counted under system trade "blocked", and (by default) doesn't get skimmed / sent to trades. It is sent to content. If you would prefer to send this traffic to a specified URL, enable / edit outgoing redirections for the system trade "Blocked".

Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602