adding toplists en masse

Our support will answer all your general questions here.

Moderator: Rock

bbhrucy79

adding toplists en masse

Post by bbhrucy79 »

Say I want to add a toplist called babes1.php (source) and babes1.html (output). Also I want to set how often it updates and on what it is based, say clk tg of last 24 hrs. My problem is, I need to make 50 toplists like this, babes2.php, babes3.php, babes4.php etc... these will be niche specific as well, so filtering will also be used. And this is only one niche.... say I have 12 niches on this site... thats 12x50=600 manual entries so basically it will take days to input these one by one via interface. Is there a smarter way?

:shock:
bbhrucy79

Re: adding toplists en masse

Post by bbhrucy79 »

also...the templates and outputs are not in the folder where te3 default would put them, they are in custom folders outside of te3 dir
Rock

Post by Rock »

Hello, bbhrucy79.

There is no method of adding toplists "en masse" in TE3. However, you could do it far quicker, than in a couple of days:

1. create a toplist "babes1" (and assign it to a niche);
2. close "Add new" window and click "Edit" icon for this toplist;
3. change the name from "babes1" to "babes2" and click "Save as";
4. "Edit toplist" window will stay opened - change the name from "babes1" to "babes3" and click "Save as"...

I'm sure you could create 50 toplists in 10 minutes. HOWEVER, when we were designing the Toplist module, we didn't anticipate the need to handle 600 toplists per website...we didn't test it for such a massive number and we don't recommend it. Maybe you could get by with fewer than 600 toplists, or could create something similar with your CMS?

If you do decide to test this anyway, it might be better if the toplists don't update all at once, so set different update intervals.
Hope this helps and keep me posted.

Best regards,
Rock
I am a moderator on this forum and I handle part of TE support. ICQ: 651089602
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

hmm, thanks 4 update!

Forgot to mention (my bad) that these toplist templates babes1.php babes2.php actually contain different codes.
So below would not work. What I am looking 4 is a way to link (as building a toplist) the "imput path" to the "output path" en masse, with the ability to sequentially add prefixes, like numbers. Like:

$the-input-path babes1.php to $the-output-path babes1.html
$the-input-path babes2.php to $the-output-path babes2.html

....etc...etc

It would be easy if I was sure that editing the toplist.dat file in te3 would cut this? But I looked - so I could just copy/paste one sites toplist.dat (where I already set up the millions of toplists) to anothers, and simply change the domain name there - and while most part of it it looks plain enough, there is a long string:

clk_tg|l_|7|0|1|1458932455|0|/te3/toplist/notfound.gif|0

where theres a long number I cant wrap my head around...

But help me, a record looks like this:

49|File|/var/www/vhosts/somesite.com/anothersite.com/toplist_templates/te44.php|/var/www/vhosts/somesite.com/anothersite.com/built_toplists/te44.html||clk_tg|l_|7|0|1|1458932455|0|/te3/toplist/notfound.gif|0

this is one line, but as I said I have dozens but they are setup allright on this site "anothersite.com"

now if I simply copy/paste the contents of this file to yet another sites te3 dir (lets call this one "yetanothersite.com") AND changing the domain name in the rows from anothersite com to yetanothersite.com AND changing that long string of numbers, to the number of yetanothersite.com, will this cut the problem?

I will give it a try anyway and keep you posted
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

also,

the ability to support toplists - large numbers - is critically important. Thumb toplists make or break your sites success rate --- I am talking about sending sh.t productivity skimmed traffic VS sending gr8 productivity thumbtoplist traffic to your trades... but I love that you can set up as many toplists as you want in te3!

I seen some trade scripts where there was a limit on the number of toplists you could set up oh my God :-)

Then, after all, I reckon if you have a server computer with massive amounts of RAM and CPU muscle then it cannot be a problem to process hundreds of toplists...is it? By the way in any case, tweaking what PHP setting would help given I have plenty of resources - and I do :-)
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

ok to keep u updated, it looks like its working fine!

although I notice that

49|File|/var/www/vhosts/somesite.com/anothersite.com/toplist_templates/te44.php|/var/www/vhosts/somesite.com/anothersite.com/built_toplists/te44.html||clk_tg|l_|7|0|1|1458932455|0|/te3/toplist/notfound.gif|0

notice "||clk_tg" bit up there?

now, the new entries I add via interface look like this:

"|clk_tg"

and changing it to "||clk_tg" breaks the code

I guess this is because "|clk_tg" is used in the new version of te3(some update) and "||clk_tg" was in the older versions...?

all in all it looks like its working fine!
bbhrucy79

Post by bbhrucy79 »

naaay I realized finally:

an unfiltered entry looks like this:

te1.html||clk_tg

and a niche filtered entry looks like this:

babes1.html|babes|clk_tg

all clear now :-)